Monday, December 1, 2008

Super Saturday

November 8th was our annual Relief Society Super Saturday. I did 3 of the 8 things they were offering. Here are the things I made.







cute light up present decoration. Looks better in person.



Hair clips for my girlies


Decorated buckets to put teachers gift in I made 8 of these


Note to self: next time donate money to the teachers gift card fund. I tell myself this every year but I really mean it this time. Connor alone has 3 teachers 2 therapist and a bus driver. Then Payton, Kennedy, and Talmage have 5 teachers and a bus driver. Then there is Brenton who is in middle school. He has 6 teachers and 2 of his teachers have assistance's. I don't think I am going to do anything for his teachers. Plus I still have a little Christmas shopping left to do. No wonder my bathrooms didn't get cleaned last week or I never got to blogging. I shouldn't even be blogging now to much to do.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I hear ya on the busy time of year and I also hear ya on so many teachers! My kids are in the same boat! Macie and Molly's school is set up like a HS where they rotate teachers, so there are tons to buy for. By the time Jillian got to middle school, I quit buying all the teachers gifts. I told her to pick one teacher she really likes and that one got the gift. Stingy? Nah. Just realistic! haha.

Also, I love the super saturday gifts you made! Especially the glass block. I need to learn how to make those, but I bet I would have to ask someone to drill the hole for me. Rick is "too busy" for that, so I should probably just buy one already made at a craft sale. They are really nice all lit up tho aren't they?

Beth Soelberg said...

Gretta - Those are really neat projects! I might swipe a few of those ideas for our R.S. They look very nice - definitely giftable!

I know this would never fly, but I think if I were a teacher, I'd rather have a personal note from each student telling me how wonderful I am, how inspiring my classes are, etc. In lieu of that, though, Barnes and Noble gift cards are cool :)