Thursday, December 11, 2008

Freezer Jam

Last month, Cheri, Christa, my mom and I got together and made some freezer jam. Our stake (as well as many others around us) every year does a Bithell Farms Oregon frozen berry order. Each one of us bought a different kind of berry so we could get together and make freezer jam and come home with 4 different kinds. We ordered frozen raspberries, blackberries, logan berries, and boysenberries. I wish I had taken some pictures. The jam turned out great and I have lots of it in my freezer. They make perfect school teacher/visiting teacher gifts along with some rolls. We had a great system down and it didn't take us as long as we thought. We all rotated positions so we could all get a chance to do everything. I just wish I took my camera along to capture some of the fun.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Gee, do they make good 'friend' gifts too? hint hint. Just kidding. Sounds like fun. The boysenberry sounds especially yummy.

Last month I got together with some of the other moms from the mother's group...Beth Soelbery and Holly Avery (Wadsworth) included and we made some apple pies for charity. We even peeled the apples ourselves. I never did get to taste the one we kept for ourselves. Oh well. It was fun anyway to work as a group. Bet you had fun too making the jam as a group.