Sunday, December 21, 2008

Black Friday

This is the first time I have ever shopped on Black Friday (I am not including the one time I went to Toys R Us later in the day on Black Friday to buy one thing). Usually, I just stay home and avoid all the crowds and craziness. This year Jon and I went together in the wee hours of the morning. We left the kids all sleeping and told Brenton of our plans the day before. We woke up at 4:45 am threw on some clothes and headed out the door. We got to Super Walmart by 5:00 am when they opened and waited in line to get into the store. All of the super duper deals were in the main wide aisles so all you had to do was walk down the aisles and put your things in your cart. I can't list all the things we got at super prices since most of the things we got are Christmas presents. I can tell you I got some rubber maid storage containers for cheap and a super light weight vacuum so the kids can now vacuum their own rooms and any messes they may make around the house. I am slapping myself for not buying one sooner. They love vacuuming and Talmage even vacuumed almost all of the house one day. I want to say it weighs only 3 lbs but definitely weighs under 5 lbs. and only cost $9.00. Our main vacuum weighs a ton and they can push the vacuum but not pull it back very easily. We also bought Kung Fu Panda DVD for $9.00. and as we were on our last round headed toward the front of the store to buy our purchases we spotted a Kitchen Aid mixer for $130.00 (it only had the mixer mix not the whip or dough hook but will by them separate for not very much money). I have always wanted one. I have been using a cheapy hand mixer actually the one we bought with some of our wedding money over 14 years ago and it is still going strong. I have used it at least 6 times since buying it and am loving it so much. I also bought a couple sweat shirts for the kids ($4 each) and the girls a sweat outfit for only ($4 for the pants and top). The other things I bought are a secret. Then Jon and I headed off to Super Target. They opened at 6 am. We got there a couple minutes before they opened so we waited in line. The great thing is that it was real warm especially for this time of year and being before sun up. It was 58 outside. We bought 3 secret Christmas presents and at portable DVD player for Christa there. Christa went to a couple store that we weren't going to and bought us something at Toys R Us and 4 small size poinsettias at Lowe's. We were at home and unloaded the car by 6:30 am. The kids were still sound asleep so I headed back to bed. When I woke up, Jon went back to bed.

Later that day we went back to my parents house for left over dinner and games. We played a new game and it took us until 1:00 am (Yes that is not a typo). The kids were wasted most of them fell asleep watching a movie.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Wow...sounds like you got some good deals. I don't like black friday so I don't go, but I would if I had Rick with me. Lucky you had Jon. I wish Jon would give Rick some tips about quality time with the wife. haha.

I have a kitchenaid mixer too and looooove it. I don't think I can live without it now. Glad you got one too. You will find it quite valuable :)

I did most my Christmas shopping on Amazon since they greatly greatly reduce most of their toys during their Christmas shopping season. Plus, if you spend $25, most things are free shipping. It's the only way I can afford presents this year. Saved me so much.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. We miss you!