Saturday, October 3, 2009

One last time

I already posted about the first day of school about a month ago. School started on Aug 10. That Saturday Aug. 15th, we decided to hit Callaway Gardens one last time before our yearly pass expired. This was the only day opened to go since the next two Saturdays we had things going on.
Since we got there pretty early, we decided to do a few thing before hitting the beach while it wasn't too hot out. First off, those who wanted to go on the paddle boats went with Jon while I took the the others on the train.


Connor, Hayden, and Talmage on the train







Brenton, Jon, Payton, and Kennedy taken while on the train





We then did some miniature golfing kids style not keeping score and picking up your ball and placing it where ever whenever you feel like it. The kids were way to fast to get some good shots of them.



Hayden


Then the kids were asking for lunch so we ate and then headed over to the beach. I didn't bring my camera to the beach since I took lots of pictures the last time we were here and we did the same stuff as before. After over 3 hours at the beach, we decided to shower up and do some of the things we have never done here before. First off, we headed over to a log cabin. It was a little one room log cabin with a loft. I would hate to live in that small house with lots of kids like they had back then or even with the amount of kids I have. I need my space. Then we headed over to the Horticultural Center. This place was awesome. The landscaping and plants were beautiful. The kids loved feeding the fish.



Gretta and Hayden note to me for next time don't forget the comb and brush




Talmage and Hayden


Connor


Kennedy, Hayden, and Payton






Kennedy crossing a bridge






Payton


The starving fish. Thank you nice couple who gave my kids some quarters to feed the fish.




The back side of a water fall


Last we went to the lake to see a water fall (not the above picture) that was a joke but I did get this beautiful picture of the lake.

We stopped of for dinner on our way home. We will miss you Callaway Gardens. Thanks for the great times and the memories. I am so glad we finally did and saw everything there is to do there that isn't an extra price of course.

No comments: