Thursday, October 15, 2009

After 11 plus years I finally get to go!

The same day as our toilet overflowed (Aug 21) Jon surprised me with Braves tickets. Jon's business partner was out at a job and one of the contractors gave him 4 Braves baseball tickets he wasn't going to be able to use for that evening. Jon's partner couldn't use them so Jon snatched them up. We quick called a babysitter because Brenton was going to go with us along with Talmage. I have always wanted to go to a Braves game. Jon and Brenton have gone many times since we have lived here. They usually go with my family or his family and I stay home with the other kids because I would rather watch them at home than at a 3 hour long game with them acting up because they are bored and too young to really get into the game. I can't complain because many times I have gone with my family to the Fox theatre to see musicals while Jon has been home watching the kids. It's a fair trade. We decided to park as close to the stadium as we could. Each of our four tickets had $6.00 to use for food. We quickly found out that $6.00 doesn't get you much of anything, but we had already eaten dinner so that amount worked fine for snacks. The Braves were playing the Florida Marlines. The seats were pretty good. We weren't in the nose bleed section. I would say in the middle. It was very fun.

Talmage at his first Braves game. An older couple gave
Talmage the tomahawk which he thought was the coolest.


Brenton and Talmage


view from our seats

In the eighth inning it started to rain. I thought no problem I brought ponchos for all of us. We put our ponchos on after the rain started to come down more heavily. Then in the 9th and final inning of the game. I don't remember if it was the top or bottom of the 9th inning they put this on

a big humongous tarp over the infield. And all we could do was wait and wait and wait for the rain to let up so they could finish the game. I don't recall the exact score but I know the Braves were down about 2 runs. I think they should of just quick finished the final inning so we could all go home. Well we waited what seemed like forever but was probably more like 30 minutes and were out of there. It was around 10 or 10:30 pm. When we got home, Morgan, our babysitter had the channel of the game on and it was still delayed. I am glad we parked in the closer parking lot since it was pouring rain and there was no traffic because people had left before us, people were leaving with us, and people were waiting in the stadium. I still don't know what happened with the game. I know they were still waiting a few hours after we had gotten home and were snuggled in our bed sound asleep waiting for the rain to let up. I don't know if they ever finished or who won. I had a great time and am happy I can check that off my list after 11 years.

No comments: