Friday, October 9, 2009

Can anything else go wrong???

It wasn't even 24 hours after we fixed our dryer that our downstairs toilet overflowed all night long. Yes, all night long. It makes me want to break out in that Lionel Richie song. I don't know why the toilet bowl was overflowing when the toilet tank was running. I stopped the water from flowing and figured the reason the bowl was overflowing was that is was clogged otherwise the water wouldn't overflow it would just keep running and draining. Well the toilet wasn't clogged so I'm not sure why it overflowed. Well after 10 hours of overflowing our bathroom floor was soaked and the carpet outside the bathroom was soaked and one of the closets next to the bathroom that floor was soaked and part of the hall way where the washer and dryer closet is was soaked. So Jon got the wet vac and started sucking up water while I got Brenton and Connor out the door for school. Then it was my turn to suck. I sucked and sucked and sucked till I got sick of sucking. I'm not sure if I ever picked out carpet padding again I would go with the thick stuff which=more sucking if it floods. Luckily under this bathroom is our garage so half of our garage was flooded. I just took a broom and swept and swept and swept the water out of the garage. It seemed like every time I swept the water out more water would magically appear. Later, Jon picked up my parents Dehumidifier to help absorb the water and dry up the carpet faster. That thing works awesome. We kept that thing running 24 7 for about 5 days. I wasn't looking forward to getting our water bill. We just got it last week and it was a little over $20 higher than normal. Which is about $5 shy of a months worth of water for us. So our toilet running for 10 hours is basically how much water we use in a month. And to think I had to suck it all up or push it out the garage. Not fun.

No comments: