Thursday, October 15, 2009

Four Eyes

Brenton has been complaining the last few weeks of not being able to see the overhead in Spanish class. He said he always has to move way up close to see it every time. So after a few weeks of complaints I decided to make an eye appointment for him. On September 1st, I took him in and sure enough he is near sighted (he can't see things far away). I am near sighted too and was a little older than him when I got my first pair of glasses. He had to wait a week before picking them up. He tried on all kinds of glasses. The silver and gold frames didn't look good on him. He looked much better in the darker frames. It was between the dark green and charcoal frames. He wanted wire frames not plastic. He went with the charcoal ones. They look real good on him. They don't look weird but very natural. He is excited to see clearly. He doesn't wear them all the time mainly in class. He has been taking excellent care of them so far. I think we may look into contacts in the summer. Sorry I don't have a picture of him in glasses yet because he doesn't wear them all the time.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

So interesting! I just took Jillian in because she was complaining of the same thing! She too is near sighted. We just picked up her glasses on Monday. She got black plastic frames because they are trendy and she didn't want to look like a geek. haha. I guess it's important to a 16 year old. Weird though that neither Rick or I need glasses. Hmmm.

You'll have to take some pics of Brenton for us to see. I'll do a blog post about Jillian's glasses eventually. Now she looks like her older cousin Krista (Rick's niece).