Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Flu Shots

1 1/2 months ago everyone but Jon went to the Dr for a flu shot. This is the second time we have done this since the flu shots have been available. I have mixed feelings on them. The last time was about 4 years ago and all the kids were supposed to go back a month later to get another shot because this was their first time. Yeah, that didn't happen. So this year We did the flu mist. Let me tell you this is one of the best decisions I have ever made as a mom. Flu shot vs flu mist. Whinning crying kids vs. happy kids. The kids did awesome at snuffing that stuff up and didn't cry or complain at all. In fact Payton the worst of the all said that was it? They all agreed as well as I that all the shots should be made available in mist form. I would be the first one to sign them up. And this time the 3 that had to go back for a second mist (you have to be over 9 to only get one dose the first time)were happy to go. Since we didn't complete the 2 doses the first time they had to have 2 doses this time. I hope they keep bringing the mist back then maybe we will do it every year. As of right now, I will not be waiting in any long lines to for the N1H1 shot or mist.

No comments: