Wednesday, July 2, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Out of all the holidays, I think I could do without Mother's Day. I know it is a day that we celebrate our mothers, but being a mother it kind of makes me feel like why are they honoring me? I am not a great mother. I have soooo very far to go before I consider myself a great mother. Mother's day for me makes me feel guilty for not being that great mother I want to be. Anyway, my kids made me cards and my 2 girls made me something at school. Payton made me a leaf bowl, and Kennedy made me a clay and bead necklace. The kids also went with Jon and picked out a gift for me.
This is what they got me.


It is a cordless bush trimmer. I have wanted one for a long time but just couldn't make myself spend $100.00 on one (especially, when I have dull clippers that can eventually get the job done and I could always by a corded one at 1/2 the price). Now all I need to be is a little taller so I can trim one of our bushes that is way to high and wide for me to reach (it looks ridiculous it is all trimmed but one little area that is about 4 ft taller than the rest. So it just keeps growing waiting for Jon to get up on the ladder to trim it for me. Oh well, at least the other bushes are nice and trimmed for now. Now all I need to do is spray the weeds.

Anyway back to mothers. I am thankful that I have the mother I do. I am thankful for the example she has been to me even before I was born. I am grateful she was married in the temple, was always active in church, and took and still takes her church callings very serious. I think the thing I am most grateful for is her being a stay at home mom. She has always been at home with us girls and is still at home raising my youngest 2 sisters age 15 and 18. I knew growing up from as young as I could remember that is what I wanted to do be a stay at home mom. I remember when teachers would ask in elementary school what do you want to be when you grow up my reply was a mommy. I never realized how much a mothers role plays in the family until I started having kids and as I watch them grow they really do look up to you and your example and they imitate you good and bad.

No comments: