Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Since all of our family has the day off, we decided to make the most of it and spend it with both sides of our family. First, we headed off to the park and met up with Mom and Dad Hansen and Thomas, Melanie and their kids to have a little picnic lunch and let the kids play on the playground. Brenton was a little bored so I had him take my camera around and take some pictures of the kids. Below are a few of the ones he took.

Kennedy on the bars

Hayden holding Mikayla's hand

Payton

Back me, Mom Hansen, Thomas, Jon Front Dad Hansen, Melanie, and Connor

Hayden

Around 2 pm, we headed home and then I took all the kids except for Hayden (he stayed home with Jon so he could nap) to the swimming pool. Since we don't live in a subdivision with a pool, every year I buy pool passes for our family to the city pool. The park the pool is at is just over a mile from our house. The pool always opens on Memorial Day and closes on Labor Day. The pool was cold. Even though our days have been in the 80s the mornings have been pretty cool. I didn't end up going in. I just watched the kids from my nice warm seat. My parents and Taylor were there as well as the Tady's. After we went swimming, we headed over to the Tady's house for dinner and a family birthday celebration for Lorin (5) and Lincoln (9). Talmage went to Lorin's friends party a few weeks earlier. Below are a few pictures from that party. His party theme was Star Wars.

Lorin with his light saber cake

Aaron teaching the kids some sweet Jedi moves

Christa made the light sabers out of pool noodles cut in half, silver tape, electrical tape, and stickers

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Fun, fun, fun!

I wish we had a pool to go to often. I can go to some friends houses and invade their space tho. haha.

The star wars party looks like fun. My niece Kara did the same thing with pool noodles to make light sabers for her son's party. What a cute idea huh?

Nice to see Jon's Mom in a pic. It's been a long time since I've seen her. Hope they are all doing well down there. We need to get down and visit!

Beth Soelberg said...

Wow - that was some theming on that cake! And as a big Disney fan, you know how I love theming!

Sounds like you had a great Memorial Day. It's nice to be near family on holidays.