Friday, July 4, 2008

Congratulations Grads

On May 23, 2008, my oldest child, Brenton, graduated from elementary school. He just finished 5th grade. The school did a little graduation ceremony for all the 5th grade classes. Jon didn't go basically because I didn't think it was going to be as big of a deal as it ended up being. I went with Talmage, Hayden, and my 2 month old niece I was watching (luckily she slept threw the whole thing). The teachers came up one by one and read of each of the students in their class and gave them a certificate for completing the 5th grade. Then the students got their picture taken with the principal. Then they did a slide show of the 5th graders throughout the year. It was very nice and Brenton was glad I was there.
That evening my sister Morgan graduated from high school. I can't believe she is that old. I remember taking her to the park when we still lived in Muskegon, Michigan and pushing her on the swings. That was when I was in high school. Now she is off to BYU Idaho in the fall. She has the summer/fall semesters. She didn't start in the summer because the semester started before school got out. Now she can have one last summer with her friends before heading off.




Me, Taylor, Dad, Morgan, Mom, and Christa (Cheri couldn't make it she was moving the next day)
Morgan with her diploma
Way to go guys!!!!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Wow. They grow so fast. I remember Morgan as a little girl. It's nice to see photos of your family! I never get to see them. Tell Christa I said howdy!

Congrats to Brenton too. Both Macie and Molly "graduated" from 5th grade too, but there were no ceremonies or certificates :( Oh well.