Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Has it been 14 years already??

Jon and I had our 14th anniversary on June 25th. Some days it seems as though we have been married for longer mainly because we have done so much for that amount of time but yet other times it feels like it has been much shorter. Jon gave me a Wii system for our anniversary (I know just what every woman wants). About a month back, Jon and I were discussing buying a Wii. I told him that I was planning on getting it for all the kids for Christmas (not going to make the mistake of only giving one person a game system again unless it is a hand held one). That way we could get the Wii and a few games and then I would be done with Christmas shopping for them. Sounded great to me. Jon's idea was why wait if we could find one now just get it and then they could play the Wii sports game it comes with and then get them more games at Christmas. Anytime I am at a store that sells Wii they are always sold out. The day before Jon took Payton and Kennedy after I had left to see Oklahoma to Target to let Payton spend some of her birthday money and Target gift card. Brenton stayed home with the 3 boys. They happened to just get a shipment of Wii's in (well 3 of them). Jon bought it and it was waiting for me in the bathroom when I got home from the musical. Of course the kids all knew about it and were waiting for me to say we could keep it and then were begging me to set it up. Well after about 2 weeks the kids started getting sick of playing Wii sports. So I spend the last of my birthday money and bought another game (Wii Carnival). I wanted a game all the kids could play and have fun with as well as one I could play and have fun. This game is great.

We have also borrowed a game from my sister.

So I had a wiily (trying to be funny) fun anniversary playing bowling on the Wii. We went out to dinner a different day, because Jon had a Cub Scout pack meeting. He kind of had to be there since he is the new Cub master.

No comments: