Saturday, June 28, 2008

SporTykes

Talmage had his last day of SporTykes on May 21. Of course, they had to make it during the last week of school so I had to miss Kennedy's and Payton's field days. At least I was able to make it to their class parties the next day. Anyway, Talmage has been taking this sports class for 2 years now. He started out when he was 2 (almost 3). Sportykes is a 9 week class that meets once a week for 45 minutes. The class does 3 weeks of basketball, 3 weeks of t-ball/baseball, and 3 weeks of soccer. He was able to take this class with his cousin Lorin. He had the same teacher, couch Laura for all 2 years. Couch Laura is so amazing with these kids. She really loves her job and spending time with them. On the last day of the 9 weeks the parents get to go in and watch them. They start the class by warming up and then they go into their game. At the end of class they all sit in a circle and she gives them a sticker (either a basketball, baseball, or soccerball), then they get a stamp (of a person playing whatever sport they are doing that week), and then they get a sucker. On the last class they get to choose whatever stamp they want and the kids usually want them all so both arms are covered with these stamps. Here are a few pictures of the last class.



Lorin, Coach Laura, and Talmage

Talmage, and Hayden being goalies, and Coach Laura

Talmage playing soccer

Talmage giving me a thumbs up

all the kids stamp and sticker time

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Sounds like fun for the little ones! I wish we had something like that around here. When Ava is old enough, I'd like her to join some kind of group like that. We are in a play group already, but I can't get there enough. She is still young yet tho.

So is Lorin one of Christa's kids? I love to see all of your pictures. It keeps me updated on on the kids. I haven't seen Hayden since he was a newborn! So it's nice to see him in the pics.

Beth Soelberg said...

That's a great idea! I'd never heard of anything like it before. The rotation of sports gives them a "taste" of each thing and they can enjoy themselves while doing it.

Great pictures! Helena loves having some of her cousins nearby.

Gretta said...

Yes Lorin is one of Christa's kids. I will have more pictures of the extended family coming soon. I am so excited that I am only just over one month behind now.