Saturday, February 6, 2010

How could I forget

I forgot one last thing from my Christmas post. My Christmas present. I was fully prepared when Jon asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told him I wanted my blog made into a book. I didn't even know you could do that until a few months ago. When I first started my blog not quite 2 years ago, my plan was to print out each blog entry and put it in a binder so I would have a hard copy. Well I only printed out 2. So I was very excited when I heard about blog books.





I love it. I only did 2008 and when I am done with 2009 (hopefully I will get done with this year already since we are into the first week of February) I want to make that into a book as soon as possible. It was very easy to do. They just import all your blog entries you choose. I checked off all the 2008 ones and some in 2009 since I am always behind in posting. Then they are downloaded in a book pictures and all one post per page/s. The only thing I didn't really care for was that they placed all the pictures on the side of the page and I usually type under each picture who is in it. So I had to tweek it a little. All in all it was very easy and didn't take a lot of time. It wasn't too expensive either. I chose a hard bound book with no dust jacket (Connor would rip that to shreds one of these days) and premium paper which was about $3.00 more. I had I believe just under 100 pages and with shipping it cost around $60.00. Which if I was to print each page out colored pictures and all would have been way more $$ just for the ink and it wouldn't have been on premium paper and stuck in a 3 ring binder. If I was more on the ball and would have ordered a week earlier I would have gotten free shipping. At least I got it before Christmas which is what I was shooting for.

No comments: