Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sick to my stomach

The day after Christmas I went to a few stores to see if they had any good deals. Jon went with me again this year. I love having a babysitter right in my own home. We started out at Target. Target was a bit disappointing again. Halloween and Christmas they only had their candy 30% off. That being said there was tons of candy still on the shelf. I guess it was good so I wouldn't be tempted into buying it. They did have their non candy food 1/2 off so I grabbed some Christmas Oreos. We bought a few stocking stuffer items to throw in the treasure box. Then we headed over to Hallmark and bought a few ornaments and wrapping paper for next year. We also brought home some donuts for the kids for breakfast.

Later that day, I forgot I wanted to go to one more store to look at their ornaments for our 2 small trees that need a little sparkle. As I was driving to the store and was stopped at a traffic light, I looked down at may hands and noticed my diamond was missing from my wedding ring. That is when I felt sick to my stomach. When I got to the store, I looked in the car checked my pockets and nothing. So I said a quick prayer and went into the store and called Jon. I told him I was by the fireplace a lot today folding clothes by the fire and just hanging out keeping warm. Jon immediately gathered all the kids and told them mom lost her diamond in her wedding ring and then he picked up a popcorn kernel from the floor and told them it would be like this size. Just then Payton picked something off the floor and said do you mean this. And there it was my diamond and it was close to the fireplace. Jon immediately called me and when I heard my phone ring I thought no way they couldn't have already found it, but I hope they did. So when I got back into my car I said another quick prayer of thanks. Now I have to take it in a get it fixed. Add that to the list that never ends.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

The power of prayer!!!

I truly believe in it.

Glad they found your diamond.