Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Brenteen

Wow! I can't believe my oldest child is now a teenager. Where did those last thirteen year go. On January 21, Brenton turned 13. After all the kids were home from school, we let him open his presents. I've noticed that as they get older they get fewer and fewer presents because what they want is pricey.






For the past few months Brenton has been asking for my camera to take pictures with because it has an awesome zoom for such a small camera (10 X zoom). He has had his camera for about 3-4 years now and the zoom is only 3 times zoom so once he started using mine he was hooked. The only problem was that the camera I have (of course an updated version since mine is 2 years old and that updated one is a 12 times zoom)was an awesome price at Sam's Club but still way too much for what we spend on presents. We looked at Target and then Sam's and just couldn't find a cheap camera with an awesome zoom too. So Jon and I decided to buy me the new version of my camera from Sam's club and give him my old one which I love and works awesome. I was a little worried about giving my son a hand me down camera for a present. When he opened it, I told him the whole situation basically this awesome used camera which you love using or a new cheaper less zoom one. He was totally cool with it and loves it.


Brenton picked Peachtree Diner to go to for his birthday dinner. The kids have never been and they all loved it. I loved the fact that the kids meals were adult size portions at a way cheaper price. The kids burgers were huge. Leftovers for meeeee!! And what are diners famous for but their desserts. And boy do they have a selections of cakes, pies, cheesecake and others. I love their chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. The cake is more dense like a fudgey brownie and less cake like. It is the best.


That Saturday, Brenton wanted a friends party. I think this is the second time he has had a friends birthday party. He never really cared to have one before. We had it from 5-8:30 pm. He invited a couple school friends and all the deacons in his class. I think their ended up being 6. He wanted a video game party. Which is probably the easiest party to throw. They stayed down in the office playing the computer, Wii, Rock band. We ordered pizza, opened a bag of chips, some cupcakes, some cans of soda and there you go dinner. It was the easiest birthday party. All the boys had a great time. Oh, he scored on the gift. Everyone gave him cash or Target gift cards. Which added up to $95.00 (just from 6 people). He is saving up for a PS3 which I hope he changes his mind on. We have a Wii and he has a PS2 isn't that enough?


Then on Sunday we had the family birthday party after church. We also celebrated my dad's birthday too since his is 3 days after Brentons. We had plenty of cake Cheri made some bowling cupcakes for my dad and my mom made my dad's all time favorite cake, angel food cake with chocolate frosting. He has this every year.

So, I made Brenton an ice cream cake. It is made with ice cream sandwiches, whip cream, chocolate syrup, and caramel syrup. Supper easy and supper yummy.





Then Brenton and my dad opened presents from the family. Morgan, Taylor, Christa, and I went in on a present for my dad and an early birthday present for my mom. It is a helicopter ride over an area in Atlanta and dessert at a fancy place.


Brenton with his presents, 2 abercrombie shirts, sleeping bag (yeah, no more too small kids star wars sleeping bag to take to camp outs), and 2 i Tunes gift cards (you can never go wrong with that).

No comments: