Thursday, January 21, 2010

Merry Christmas

Christmas morning the older 2 kids were up around 7 am. I had them wait until the younger ones started waking up which was about 20 minutes later. Of course the kids couldn't wait to run down stairs to see the presents.



No I didn't make my kids dress up on Christmas. This was taken a couple Sunday's before. This was the best of them.



Hayden



Brenton


Payton and Kennedy



Talmage


Hayden



Hayden



When I asked my kids what they wanted for Christmas, this is what they said:

Brenton (almost 13) I don't know surprise me.

Payton (9) Zhu Zhu pets but you probably wont be able to get them unless you pay a whole lot of money on Ebay or Amazon, so I probably wont get them. So I have made a list and have color coded the things I really want one color and the things that I like another color and the things you don't have to get me a different color. I wonder where she gets that from UHHH Jon the king of lists.

Kennedy (7) Boots and a snap on bottle cap necklace like Sonoma's.

Talmage (6) Cheez-Its. I had to have him explain that one to me. He wanted individual size Cheez-Its to take to school for snack time just like his best friend Grant. O.K. I said but what else do you want. I don't know I really want Cheez-Its.

I didn't even ask Hayden because he is 3.

So I had some thinking ahead of me. But, Kennedy did get her boots and bottle cap necklace. Talmage got a big box of 36 individual bags of Cheez its to last him for the next couple of months for school snack time. Payton got the thing on her list that she really really really wanted Zhu Zhu pets (this gift was for both Payton and Kennedy) thanks to my sister Christa who called Target, Walmart, Toys R Us, and Learning Express every day until we got the hamsters and the all the play house sets. Also thanks to my mom and dad who went to a couple places with us since they had a limit as to how much we could get. It is nice to be able to get the kids what they really really really want and not have it cost too much. Then I am able to buy some more things and they think they really hit it big. I know that wont be the case for long when there is cameras, ipods, cell phones, certain brands of clothes etc.


We headed over to my parents house around noon for breakfast lunch. I love Christmas breakfast with the sausage, bacon, hash browns, scrambled eggs, hot chocolate, clementine oranges, and moms famous Cinnamon rolls with extra icing. Then we opened up more presents from the relatives. We brought over our Wii and hooked it up to the upstairs TV so the kids could try out the new games they got. Morgan and Taylor straightened Payton and Kennedy's hair a week ago and loved it so they had them do it again today and Taylor even straightened my hair. I know I can count on one hand how many times I have straightened my hair because I had to have my hair blow dried straight and that would make it kind of poofy and would take a while to do because I have pretty thick hair. So I was more curious than anything to see what I would look like.


Me with straight hair

Then it was time for the traditional bowling from 4-6 pm. My dad reserves half the lanes and invites our whole ward to come. I think we had a bigger turn out than last year.


Payton



Kennedy

Talmage

Brenton

Hayden, by the way he did great he didn't even need my help the whole time and his ball never got stuck half way down the lane due to a slow roll. He really had some power rolls.

The kids eating their traditional Christmas dinner of cheese pizza and fries.

The rest of us go back to mom and dad's house for left overs. Then we played a game and called it a night. We didn't make it a late one about 9 pm we headed for our house to put the kids to bed at a somewhat decent hour.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

That's sooo funny that he wanted Cheeze Its because that is what Brycen asked for! That and jerky. Funny. I didn't know you all went bowling on Christmas. What a fun tradition!

And your hair looked great!