Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas music

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is the music. I love Christmas music. It makes me so happy. I love the fact that the day after Thanksgiving all the way through Christmas Day one popular radio station only plays Christmas music. It bugged me last year that they didn't play many Christmas songs about Christ. I know I could count on 1 maybe 2 hands all the times I heard a Christmas song about Christ and I was in the car at least twice everyday to pick up and drop off Talmage to school and there was all the shopping and that is the only channel I would have it on because of the Christmas music. Anyway, I wasn't looking forward to that part again. Luckily, this year I was very surprised when I heard in one day more songs about Christ than all year last year. They played a good variety of Christmas songs. There are however 3 Christmas songs that I must turn the station because they just bug me. Here they are

1 Last Christmas
Sorry Jon I know you don't mind this one I guess I would like it more if I was a teenager in the 80's.

2 So this is Christmas
I really don't mind hearing this one or twice a year but that is enough for me.

3 Same Old Lang Syne
This song I don't care if I ever here it again as long as I live.

The day after Christmas I am sad to get in the car and hear everything back to normal. I miss it already and it has only been 3 weeks.



No comments: