Friday, May 22, 2009

Summer time = Crazy time

I am still 3 weeks behind on my posting but wanted to post this in real time not one month later time like I'm used to.
Today was the last day of school for my kids. I have mixed feelings about this. I am happy that I don't have to get up at 6:25 am to get kids ready for school even though I really know I will be getting up just a few minutes later due to kids who are used to getting up at that time and the dang sun coming up at 6:30 am now. Now that I think about it I am trying very hard to think of more good things about school being out and the only one I can think of besides sleeping in maybe 30 minutes longer on a good day is not having to worry about homework, but while I don't have to make sure they do their homework, I am having Payton, Kennedy, and Talmage do Summer Bridges and read and Brenton will work on Scouts, Duty to God, and reading so I will be nagging just as much and making sure they get those done so really not much of a break.
Everything takes soooooo much longer to do when all the kids are home. I do have the kids do some chores in the summer other than the few regular ones they do all year round. They vacuum their rooms, clean their bathrooms, and new this year I think I will have them take turns doing the dishes. That way they can learn how to take care of a house and maybe things wont take sooooo much longer when they are helping out. I bet at first it will be longer until the kids get the hang of how I expect the things to be cleaned.
We don't have any plans as of right now for the summer a few ideas but no set plans. The only thing on the schedule is Brenton's Scout camp.
Here's to a great summer!!!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

You are a woman with a plan! I love how you have it all scheduled for the summer. I agree that kids need to learn to take care of the house. Just having responsibility is good for them. I try that too, but it's like pulling teeth to get them to do things. I need a better plan. lol.

I agree that having kids home can sometimes be hard. There are positives and also drawbacks. We just can't win 'em! lol