Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Snow Day!!

No, not really a snow day but it sure felt like one. On Sunday, April 19, the kids and I were headed to church and we noticed one of the street lights near the church was out. Jon was already at church for meetings. He met us out in the parking lot and told us the power was out and the utility people estimated it would be back on around 11:00 am so church was cancelled. So off we went headed for home Jon was going to stick around for a while. There was a baby blessing that was going to take place. On the way home, I noticed that same light that had been out was now working so I didn't think anything of it just thought that they are starting to get power up and running on part of that street. About 1 1/2 hours later Jon came home. He said that right after I left the parking lot the power turned back on. They ended up just having Sacrament meeting, because all of the people who were early to church left after finding out the power was off so there were missing teachers. I just wish I would have know about the power being out before getting all the kids dressed and in the car and to the church. Oh well. I bet some of the people who were right on time or late had wished they were early so they could get a "snow day" like some of the rest of us. It's not that I don't like church it is just fun once in a while to have a "snow day". So we went home and got changed into our regular after church clothes (PJs or comfy shorts/sweats).

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I feel a little guilty for saying this, but I was relieved and jumping for joy when we had a couple "real" snow days this past winter! Only I was at home when I got the news so I was able to just roll over and go back to sleep.

Am I going to He** now?! lol. No, really, I enjoy church, but yes, there are times when I enjoy sleeping in. -sigh-