Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Let the games begin!

The first 2 weeks of school I was glued to the TV watching the summer Olympics. I love the summer Olympics. I love TIVO too. I just set the TV to record all of the Olympics that was on NBC and I would watch it during the day and then Jon and I would watch it together in the evening usually the Olympics that was on the night before since that is when they show all the good stuff that people (or I)really care about (swimming, gymnastics, volleyball, track and field etc). I was always a day behind so for 2 weeks Jon and I didn't watch or listen to the news or radio so nothing would spoil it for us. Well, there was one bad thing about not watching the news. I didn't even know there were hurricanes brewing and coming our way. Thankfully, they all ended up going more west than they previously thought and missed Atlanta completely rain and all. Well even Georgia for that matter. I wish we could of gotten a few rain drops from them though. Oh well, I would rather be in a drought and have a home than in a hurricane and have plenty of water and no home. Anyway back to the Olympics. Below are my favorites from the Olympics. I also enjoyed the opening ceremony that was awesome. The closing was great too but I wasn't ready to see it end. The first few days after the Olympics ended I didn't know what to do with myself. All the kids in school but 1 and plenty of time to get my house work done. I guess I have no more excuses to catch up on this blog. Then I will be able to go on to the next projects. Oh they never end.

Carly Patterson

May and Walsh (beach Volleyball)

Michael Phelps

Dalhausser and Rogers (beach volleyball)

Clay (Decathlon)

Redeem team gets the gold

1 comment:

Leanne said...

We were big olympic watchers too. But now that we got rid of our tivo, I ended up watching it best I could. Sometimes I was up really late and fighting to keep my eyes open! But I just HAD to see the gymnastics and swimming. I was disappointed with the opening and closing ceremonies because I just can't justify spending so much money on them when people are starving all over the world. Plus I was put off by China putting the "pretty" little girl out to lip sync instead of the girl who actually sang the song. Mean.