Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Kennedy

Kennedy had her 6th birthday on Aug 2. We were still at the hotel on her birthday. We were checking out that day and had to be out by 12:00 pm. So we decided to take advantage of it and invited Thomas and his family and mom and dad Hansen over for a swim in the pool and some cupcakes. We didn't invite my side of the family because that would just be too many people.





When we got home, Kennedy got to open her presents from us. Kennedy and Payton have been talking about American Girl Dolls for the past month. We got a catalog in the mail a few months back and they love to look at all the dolls. Lots of their friends have more than one of these dolls (I guess you can buy lots when you only have 2 kids like most the families that go to our school). Anyway, I basically sat her down and told her if she really wanted one for her birthday to let me know and also let her know that they are $90.00 and that that would be her only gift from us. She thought about it for a day and said she would like the doll for her birthday. I was hoping she would say that because that would make my birthday shopping a piece of cake. So Payton and I went down to the American Girl Boutique at our mall. I guess they only have about 4 locations and we are lucky (or maybe not so lucky since I think that may be why they are so popular with the girls around here) to have one about 10 miles from our house. Payton knew the 2 she really liked. The 2 she liked weren't the main girls but the friends of 2 of the main girls. So we decided on Nellie.


I ended up buying her one out fit too since it was on special. If you spend over $40.00 you get the summer time outfit for only $14.00. She also spent her birthday money on another outfit for her doll.



Then on Sunday we invited my family over to celebrate her birthday. Kennedy wanted a candy cake (a cake with candy on it) She wanted a rainbow on her cake. So her cake has a rainbow made of skittles and the cloud is of smarties.



Happy Birthday Kennedy!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

What a fun bday! I love the candy cake. Smarties for clouds! Cute. Kennedy is a very pretty little girl :)

Beth Soelberg said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy!

I remember getting an American Girl doll for Christmas twice - and both times, that plus the books that came with it were my only gifts. But I was okay with that!

Glad you had a fun time!