Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Haircut, What haircut?

So just over a month ago I went to get my haircut. Last time I got my hair cut was a little over a year ago. The last time I purposely got my hair cut short (cut just above my shoulders so when my hair dried it was between my shoulders and chin. My hair was a little longer than when I got it cut a year ago. I went in the lady that I usually go to was with another customer so I went with another lady who was free. She shampooed and conditioned my hair. I love it when they wash my hair it feels so good. Then she combed out my hair and asked what I wanted done. I told her to cut it to my shoulders and layer it. Since English wasn't her first language I think she said that will be short. Anyway, when she was done you couldn't even tell unless you looked real hard that I even got a hair cut. Not that I want everyone to look at me and comment on my hair. I don't like that I am the one who likes to blend in with the crowd and do nothing to stand out. It is hard to tell how short you hair will be until the very end with all the layering they do. So when she said she was done I was a little shocked but not too much since my hair was still wet I thought it would curl up. Well it did curl up but not to between my chin and shoulders. It was more like at my shoulders or just below when it dried. When I got home my kids and Jon wouldn't have know I got a hair cut if I didn't tell them that is what I was going to do. So now my hair 1 1/2 months later is almost to where it was before I got my haircut. Talking to other people about my frustration, I guess it turns out this is pretty common. Jon thinks why cut it the exact length when they can leave it a little longer that is all the sooner you have to come back. I now know the other lady's name, Allison, who cut my hair a previously and did exactly what I wanted so I will be calling for an appointment next time which will be way sooner than a year. So that was a waste of $20.00 (and that was with a tip that I didn't really want to give her but she was right there looking at the credit card slip while I was signing and filling in the amounts. I wanted to give her a big fat $0 in the tip part. Oh well. At least the shampooing was nice. I wish I did a before and after picture.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I hear ya on haircut disasters. I guess it could have been worse and she could have cut it WAY short. That would be bad if you didn't want it that way. I'd rather have to take more off then put it back on! haha.

My last cut was by a lady in the mall. First mistake...not going to my regular lady. I wanted something (zumthing..haha) different, so I showed her a photo in a book. She looked at it and then proceeded to give me a haircut from the page OPPOSITE of the one I showed her! UGH! Not what I wanted AT ALL. She realized her mistake about 3/4ths of the way thru it, but couldn't do anything about it. She only told me to come back if I didn't like it and she would fix it. Duh. I never went back. Thank goodness it wasn't too awful. It wasn't what I asked for, but it was tolerable.

Hope you get what you want next time. Your hair is so pretty...thick, curly and long. I love it.

Beth Soelberg said...

Yep - I stick with my regular hairstylist, every single time. Bless her. Not that I look like a (plus-size) model or anything, but she seems to get exactly what I mean when I say, "Freshen me up a little, Tra!"