Thursday, September 11, 2008

Good friends busy week!

The Thursday before school started Mike and Kelly Kempf and their kids came to visit for a few days. They were on their way back to Florida from being in Michigan for 2 weeks. Can I just say the 2 days they were here were my busiest all summer. I felt bad that I had so much going on. On Thursday, Kennedy and Connor had their Dr check ups at 10 am. Can you say procrastinator? Connor's birthday was the end of June and Kennedy was right on Aug. 2. I wanted to get it in before school started. Then at 12:00 pm Connor got to meet his teacher. We couldn't stay long because Jon had a meeting to be at at 1:00 pm. Luckily he was able to take Mike so we didn't feel like too much of looser hosts. I also scheduled an appointment to have Payton's haircut at 4:00 pm. Since this was the first time a professional cut her hair she was a little nervous so we went with my sister and some of her kids. Then that night I had a Pre K meeting at 7:00 pm and Jon had a Scout training meeting at 7:30 pm. Fridays schedule was a little bit better. Kennedy and Payton met their teachers at 10:30 am and then at 12:00 pm I had to have all the kids except Hayden at the dentist for their 6 month cleaning. We almost got out without any cavities but Connor had a little one. This will be the last time I schedule anything extra the last week before school starts. 5 kids meeting their teachers and last minute school shopping is plenty for the last week. Anyway, We were invited to a wedding reception later that night that we ended up skipping. Just I was going to go for a little while but totally forgot. We did invite Thomas and his family over for a b-b-q dinner. It felt like old times except no Weihls and we had tons more kids running around. The Kempf's had to check out on Saturday. We couldn't get together with them one last time on Saturday because my niece Olivia was getting baptized at 11:00 am. Most of our summer days and weekends are dead and we are trying to think of things to do. It would have been nice to spread some of the madness around. Oh well, life goes on. And no, I didn't take any pictures what a looser I am!!

2 comments:

Beth Soelberg said...

While everyone was there, did you have an existential moment where you looked around and thought, "Oh my word - we're grown up, adults, with children. Whoa."

It's happened to me. I just wondered! But there's nothing like getting together with friends.

Leanne said...

Yep, I really miss the Sunday bbq's. Those were the days! haha.

Those were the days with a lot LESS kids that is! haha. Just think, between the Trebilcock, Weihl and Kempf clans, we have 13 kids between us. That would be a house-full for a Sunday bbq!

And sometimes we had Tracy and her kids there, Kathy and hers and so on. Whew!

We truly ARE grown ups now.