Sunday, October 16, 2011

Temple Rededication



The Atlanta Temple was rededicated on Sunday, May 1st.  They had 2 sessions.  Unfortunately, we didn't have tickets to go to the actual temple for the rededication so we had to watch it broadcasted from our church building.   Since you had to be at least 8 years old and baptized in our church, Talmage and Hayden couldn't attend.  My mom went to the earlier session and stayed with the 2 kids so we could attend the later session.  I am so excited for the temple to be opened again.  It has been a long 23 months.  I am sad and embarrassed to say that I only attended the temple once in Birmingham, Alabama.  One of the things I was looking forward to when all my kids were in school was to attend the temple once a week. I was hoping the temple would have been open sooner, because now there is only 4 weeks left of school.  So I guess my goal is to go every week until school gets out.  I kind of want to go the first day the temple opens on Tuesday, May 3rd, but I think it will be very crowded.  We will see.

No comments: