Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!!

Another year older, not sure how I feel about this.  I am glad I am out of my 20's, but now that I am over the 35 year mark I don't like it too much.  As of right now the age I would love to be forever is 33.  Easy to remember and your are not too old nor to young.  I think I am a pretty easy simple person.  I don't need a lot.  All I wanted this year for my birthday was a new pair of sunglasses, because Connor just broke mine recently and not some expensive name brand pair since they will most likely get broken again, but a nice looking pair for around $10.00.  Thanks to TJ Maxx I was able to do that.  I also wanted some summer matching running clothes.  Towards the end of last summer I spilled some bleach on my navy blue shorts I use for running.  Well I found out that bleach turns navy blue to blood red.  So the last couple months some of the days I have been running with navy blue shorts with what looks like blood stains on them.  Every time I wore them, I thought people were looking at me and wondering if I was running from a crime scene.  Since I have been running for years now and have no plans to stop, I thought it was about time to retire my stained t shirts and bleached blood shorts.  So I got 3 running shorts with matching shirts.  It makes running a little more enjoyable and I can use all the joy while running especially in the summer with all  that heat and humidity even at 7 am in the morning.
The kids talked me into going to Ihop for my birthday dinner.  I was kind of in the mood for breakfast.  It was either that or Olive Garden.  As a little birthday bonus when we got there, we found out that kids eat free every weekday night.  So we ordered 4 adult meals and got 4 free kids meals.  Jon bought me a cheesecake that we ate when we got home.  It was yummy.  I can't wait to wear my new running clothes and sunglasses.  I am ready for summer. 

No comments: