Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's finally open

On Monday May 3rd, the Atlanta temple opened its doors for sessions, the first time in 23 months.  My mom, sister Christa, and I made plans to go to the temple today the first day and go to the first session which was at 10 am.  We met at our church building right after Christa dropped Eliza off at preschool to carpool over to the temple.  We knew the temple would be crowded so we wanted to leave extra early so we would be sure and make it to the 10 am session.  When we arrived, they gave us a pink square of paper.  Everyone with that color was in the 10 am session if you arrived after all the pink slips were handed out you were given an orange one and had to wait an extra hour for the 11 am session.  It is a good thing we left early because it was crowded.  It was a great session and I was glad to be back in the temple.  I was sitting in the front row and was one of the first persons at the veil.  When I walked into the celestial room, I realized that I was the first person to pass through the veil.  No one else was in the room except for a temple worker.  That was kind of cool.  I am looking forward to attending often.  What a great 4 days it has been with the youth cultural event, the temple rededication, my birthday, and now the temple being opened. 

No comments: