Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Field Trip

On Friday, May 13 (ohhh Friday the 13th), I was able to go with Kennedy's 3rd grade class on a field trip to Fernbank the museum of Natural History.  Going in, I thought we were going to be walking around the museum.   When I got to the school and looked at the agenda, I was kind of disappointed to find out that the majority of the time was going to be spent watching an IMAX movie.  Oh well!  The bus ride was loud and crazy.  I sat next to Kennedy's teacher on the way to the museum.  Kennedy's teacher is a member of our church so we had lots to talk about.  Her stake is the same one we used to be in when we lived in Woodstock. 
When we got there and checked in we ate lunch.  Then we had a few minutes to walk around the museum with our little groups until the movie was to start.  The movie was about surfing.  I think it was on the island of Tahiti but don't really remember.  There were lots of other schools there watching as well.  When the movie was over we had time to use the restrooms and then head back on the bus. 
I enjoy going on field trips with my children and as soon as I find out about one I am probably the first parent to email the teacher volunteering.  I mean hey if I can take my 6 kids to Disney World all by myself  for the day, surely I can handle being in charge of 5 or 6 kids for a couple hours on a field trip.

No comments: