Saturday, January 31, 2009

Zoo in December

This December has been quit mild for us down south. I wish my friends and family in Michigan could say the same thing, but I think they have had the coldest and lots of snow compared to normal. December 20 was very wet and rainy where we live, but a few miles south of us was sunny and warm. The city we live in was right on the edge of the rain storm. So we decided to use our annual pass and head to the zoo. I can't remember exactly how warm it was but as you can tell from the pictures the kids are not wearing jackets some are even wearing short sleeves. I think Jon even wore shorts. It was in the mid to upper 60s. We basically had the place to our self. Not many people at all probably because up north was raining like crazy. The animals were out and about having a great time since the weather was perfect not too hot and not too cold. I loved watching the baby gorillas and the baby orangutans the best. It did rain twice for a couple minutes. The first time it started to rain we were headed into the indoor reptile place. The second time it rained we were taking a snack break under a covered table. It was a perfect day to be at the zoo.



Hayden and Talmage

Talmage and Hayden in a bird's nest

baby gorillas playing together


baby orangutan

another of our favorites to watch sea otters (but very stinky)




Talmage

Hayden

Panda Bear

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Sounds like a blast of a day at the zoo! I wish we could join you. Yes, Michigan has been super cold and snowy. Today it was about 15 degrees at about dinner time. Brrr. It started snowing in November and really hasn't stopped much.

Our zoo here (John Ball) really stinks. It only takes about 2 hours or LESS to go thru it and there really aren't that many animals. Well, you remember it. Boring. I had a good time with you guys when we went to the Louisville Zoo. I think that was where we went right? haha. It was fun. My favorite zoo by far is the San Diego Zoo. Can't get much better than that!

Anyway, love your new blog template. Very cute. I need to change mine too. Trouble is, if I do that, then I lose all my info and have to start over with the things on my sidebar. I should have never done Pyzam! Ugh.