Thursday, February 5, 2009

Christmas Eve

Every Christmas Eve morning we spend with Jon's side of the family. We have been doing this ever since we have been married. This year we went over to Jon's brothers Thomas' house. We started off by eating a brunch. We had donuts, monkey bread, pineapple, potatoes, ham, and 2 kinds of quiche (took me a while to spell that right), and fancy hot chocolate (7 different hot chocolate flavors). It was all very tasty. This is the first time we have done a brunch every year it seems like we do something different but I think we should make this a tradition and do a brunch from now on. Of course, we don't have to have the exact same food but along the same lines.
After eating, it was present time. Here are a few pictures of that.

Payton, Gabby, Talmage, Elizabeth, and Kennedy

Jon, Hayden, Brenton, and Cory

Grandma Hansen

Elizabeth and Hayden

Connor

Then the adults (minus Grandma and Grandpa Hansen they had just left) and the big kids started a game of Life. It has been many years since I have played that game. We weren't able to finish since we had to leave and head over to my parents for Christmas Eve dinner. For the past few years we have gone over to my parents for Christmas Eve dinner. The reason our family has been doing this is because Cheri and her family spend Christmas day at there house. So, if we wanted to see Cheri and her family and exchange presents with them this would be the only time for us to do it. Christa and her family weren't around they go to Kansas every other year to spend Christmas with his family and this year was Kansas for them. Our kids were a little bummed out because they didn't get to open any presents since Christa and her family had our family this year for presents they gave us our presents before they left for Kansas and we were going to be at my parents house on Christmas so they would have to wait till morning to open their presents. How quickly they forgot about opening presents just a few hours earlier. They acted as if they didn't open a thing all day. I didn't get any pictures of the evening. We always have a roast and mashed potatoes for Christmas Eve dinner and then a veggie casserole, some sort of fruit dish/jello, and rolls, and of course pies for dessert. After Cheri and her family left (they have a 45 min. drive home), we read the night before Christmas, and the Christmas story in the Bible. I don't remember if we played games or not. Then we came home and threw the kids into bed and got the house ready for morning. Luckily, most everything was ready just had to throw them under the tree and stuff it in their stockings and then I was off to get some much needed ZZZZZZZZZ.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Wow. Sounds like Christmas Eve was a really long day for all of you. Thank goodness you didn't have to do much when you got home. I'm lucky to have kids who like to wrap presents, so I got out of that job for the most part this past Christmas.

How is Cheri doing? Feeling good and everything is back to normal? I hope so. Sister Gail Oom (Hartman) has cancer and isn't expected to last much longer. I can't remember what kind she has, but sadly, it's terminal. I think I heard she would be lucky to make it until the summer. I could be wrong, but that's what I heard. She is in the Spring Lake Ward.

Anyway, I'm trying to catch up on my own blog, but it's slow going. I've been doing crafty things and Facebooking, so I have neglected my blog. I'm also trying to make time to read the BOM. I read the Doctrine and Covenants recently, so I'm trying to move on and read them all. I always started and stopped so many times growing up, that I've never been through a whole book until now. I know, I'm lame! haha.

take care