Saturday, February 21, 2009

Disney day 5 and 6

So here we are it is now New Years Eve. We went to Magic Kingdom. We made sure we left even earlier than 2 days before because this is the busiest time of year for all of the Disney parks especially Magic Kingdom and since you have to either take a boat or Monorail it takes awhile when things are extra busy. And boy were they busy we have never been to Magic Kingdom on New Years Eve we usually go to Animal Kingdom because we know it wont be as crowded because they close early and wont have any fireworks or New Years celebrating going on. Even the Monorail line was long and this was a while before the park was even going to open. They had to put extra line ropes up to keep the crowd in order. Luckily we did all the main attractions two days before. We headed straight to Fantasy land and did all of that except for Dumbo (we never do Dumbo). I think I have gone on Dumbo once with my kids and that was when I only had 2 of them and I remember waiting and waiting and waiting and then once you get on it and it is so short I thought what a waste. So we do the Magic Carpet rides of Aladdin and triceratops whirl. It's not Dumbo but the same concept but basically no line when we go to these. It usually takes us about an hour to do all of Fantasy land but this time it took us about 20 minutes longer due to it being New Years Eve. Then we headed over to Toon Town. The kids love the Goofy Roller Coaster. Hayden is still to short for this one. We were able to get Payton to go on it this time. She has been afraid in the past. She loved it and went on it a couple more times. Then we headed over to Minnie and Mickeys houses. I think Minnie's house is better because there are more interactive things to do and Mickeys you just to look at. We normally would have skipped Mickey and Minnie's houses but we were waiting for Morgan and Taylor to get there picture taken with Mickey. We thought the line would be much shorter than it was since Toon town opens an hour after the other park opens. So got there only 20 minutes after it had been opened. Oh well the kids had fun running around the houses. Then we headed over to Tomorrow land and did Monsters Inc laugh floor and Buzz light year (with a fast pass of course). We never do the Indy speedway or teacups. At last we were done. After looking at the main street Disney shop we headed out of that crowded place and went to Downtown Disney. As we were driving out of the Magic Kingdom parking lot we saw hundreds and hundreds of cars trying to get into an already full parking lot and this was all before noon. Before noon they were already turning away people. At downtown Disney we ate lunch and had Ghiradelli sundaes (yummy!!). Then we went shopping. The kids wanted to spend some of there Christmas money and there Disney dollars there Grandpa and Grandma Hansen gave them for their birthdays. Connor and my dad were pooped and were waiting for us to be done. Then we headed home for swimming and naps. I think only Jon and Taylor made it to midnight. I could have but knew we had another fun filled Disney day tomorrow so sleep sounded better than saying happy new year. We did a few fireworks at about 10:00 pm so us losers could go to bed.


Hayden and Brenton on Winnie the Pooh ride

Connor

Hayden

Talmage and Hayden at Minnie's house

Hayden in Minnie's house

Payton and Hayden in Minnie's house

Hayden and Talmage with the sun in there eyes by Mickey's mailbox

The whole gang





Dad and Connor resting and waiting for us to be done shopping at Downtown Disney




On our 6th day, we headed over to Animal Kingdom. I was happy to find out that the Disney parks were now back to there normal opening time of 9:00 am. The other days all the parks were opening at 8:00 am. I was happy to have that extra hour of sleep even if I didn't make it to midnight the night before. We headed first off to the Kilimanjaro Safari ride. The animals are more active (not to mention shorter lines too) in the morning especially in the summer when it gets way hot at Disney. The Safari ride and Everest are two of my favorite rides at the Disney parks. After our Safari Jon booked it over to get some fast passes to Everest while my parents, Morgan, Taylor, Brenton, Connor, Talmage, and myself went on the Dinosaur ride. This was Connor and Talmage's first time on this ride and I think they liked it. It is hard to tell because it is so dark on that ride you can't see there faces. Talmage said he liked it but not too sure about Connor since he can't talk. We then met Jon and his little group over to Dino land. There they rode on the Triceratops twirl about 5 times. I went on that once with them and then Morgan, Taylor, Brenton, my mom and me went to the primeval whirl ride. It is a roller coaster that in some spots doesn't have a full set track it goes on so it twirls around and around (if your lucky but not too much to make you sick) my mom and I got a dud one and it didn't spin at all. Oh well. We just missed the Lion King show. So went to It's Tough to Be a Bug. I really like this show but half of my kids are scared of it so we make them sit on the floor and every once in a while at the not scary parts they will peak their head out. It is scary for young ones. After lunch, we headed over to Expedition Everest. One group went on it while I stayed back will all of my kids. Then I went with my mom, Morgan, and Taylor while Jon and my dad stayed with the kids. Then it was time to get in line for the Finding Nemo show. This is a really cute show and a must see. My parents or sisters haven't seen this one so we wanted to make sure we got into it. Then we headed over to Asia and did the animal trek there. They also have a trek in Africa but we usually skip that one since we see all of the animals (except the Gorillas which we have tons of those at our local zoo that we have an annual pass to) on the Safari ride. While walking to the Asia trek and the rest of the time we were at Animal Kingdom, my dad (who is 60) would walk by my sister and hide a little squirt gun in my sisters hood and shoot water at people and we would all watch there reactions as they look around with a confused look on their face. It was funny. Then we headed back to the house for a swim and naps.

Lion on the Safari ride





safari ride
The kids favorite picture I took while on the safari ride. The truck drove faster than my camera could take the shot


Mom, Dad, Connor, Gretta, Taylor, Talmage, Brenton, and Morgan



Morgan, Brenton, Taylor on the Primeval Twirl

Connor, Tayor, Morgan, Talmage, Hayden, Brenton, Kennedy, and Payton

This was the last park my parents and Morgan and Taylor would be at. They go home in the morning because Taylor has a high school JV basketball game on Saturday.





No comments: