Friday, January 9, 2009

5th annual goodie plates

For the past 5 years my sister, mom (she skipped out on 2 of the years), and I would get together in early December and put together some goodie plates for our neighbors, visiting teaching sisters, and hubbies home teaching families. This way we only have to make 2 things and voila we get 6 things. I made oreo balls (double stuffed oreos, cream cheese rolled in a ball and dunked in milk chocolate Yummy!!) and peanut butter buckeyes (chocolate and peanut butter candy tastes similar to Reece's). Christa made brownie bites (brownies mix put in the small muffin tins and then when cooked add a Reece's pb cup miniature in the center (she also put mini twix, Hershey bar, kitkat, milky way what ever miniature candy you have or like) I personally like the Reece's the best) and candy cane Jo Jo's (from Trader Joe looks like an oreo with candy cane bits in the cream filling very festive) then she dunked half of the jo jo in milk chocolate. Walmart also sold Candy Cane Oreos but the center didn't have bits of candy cane it was creamy like regular Oreos with peppermint oil but also very tasty. My mom made sweet peanut treats (there is milk chocolate, a creamy center and peanuts). My dad had lots of little fancy boxes of fancy cashews, chocolate covered almonds, and pistachios. So we added a little box of nuts to the plates. We just bought festive paper plates put the goodies on some had more than others depending on the size of the family and then took clear cellophane and wrapped the plate up and tied a nice bow. Of course a picture of the plates would be perfect right about now but I didn't bring my camera. I know I should be like those people who always keep there camera in their purse or car, but am too scared that something bad will happen to it and don't want to spend the $$ replacing it. We realized when we were done all of our goodies had some sort of chocolate in it (except for those who got the fancy cashews or pistachios). I hope they all like chocolate and are not diabetic.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

You made me hungry. Why can't I be your neighbor?????