Sunday, January 18, 2009

Connor Christmas performance

Every year, the North Metro wing (these are the classrooms with autistic children) of the elementary school puts on a Christmas performance for 2 days for the kids in the elementary school. Each class does one song related to the holiday seasons (Christmas (Santa and Jesus), Kwanzaa, Hanuka). They don't sing but do other things like play bells, beat drums to the rhythm, hit sticks to the rhythm simple sign language etc. This year Connor's class did 2 songs (good thing because they went on first and my parents and sister's Christa and Morgan would have missed it because they came just as that song ended). The reason why I haven't posted in 2 weeks is because I have been trying to put the video of his first performance on here and haven't been able to upload it. I did a trial on one of our videos that didn't take a lot of memory. That took about 5 minutes to upload. So I know I am doing it right. Then I tried the video I wanted to post (it was about 3 times for memory) and I couldn't get it to work. So my genius, wonderful, talented husband (yeah he told me to write that) made the video shorter so you get the idea. So you have couple minute performance down to 16 seconds, but you get the idea it is a lot of that same 16 seconds over and over again. He did such a great job with it.

I screwed up with the second video and thought I was recording it but the whole time it was on pause. I hate when I do that. Luckily, that doesn't happen very often and when it does I usually catch it in time but Hayden was right next to me the whole time bugging me while I was trying to record it so I didn't even notice it was paused. Jon did get some pictures. Then at the end all the kids come together and do one last song.

Connor on the left scrubbing in the bathtub


2nd song Connor in the middle


finale song Connor in the back middle

Every year they do a great job and the whole performance really touches my heart. I look forward to this every year. I am sad that this is Connor's last year in elementary school. Maybe they do something special like this in Middle School.

No comments: