Friday, February 8, 2013

New Year's and more

 
First, let me start out with the and more part of this post.  Our washing machine had a leak.  We have a front loader washing machine which I absolutely love, and with a big family that is just getting taller it is a must.  Just after Christmas, I noticed the floor wet after I did a load of laundry.  I thought the water hose had somehow came unclasped so it wasn't draining down the pipe since that has happened to us at a different house before.  So after checking that our and it being in the right spot, I got Jon to take a look.  We discovered the rubber that when you shut the front loader machine had a huge hole in it and wasn't sealing the door all the way.  So we called Sears and they said they would send someone out to diagnose the problem and then come back and fix it if they didn't have the parts with them.  After many times of telling them we know what the problem is just send a repair man with this part and them telling us that is not how we do things, I called my mom since we have the same washing machine and she has had hers serviced 2 times who she got to come out and fix her machine.  She gave us the name of one of the guys and we called told him the problem and what part we needed and what type of machine we had and he was over on Jan 30th with the part and a few hours later (I guess you have to take the machine apart some to take off and put on the new part) we had a working machine.  When the guy took off the old rubber piece, he told us that is the worse tear he has ever seen and didn't know how we did laundry for so long with out water leaking a long time before now.  I like to think of it as a tithing blessing.  Anyway, he was grateful that we knew just what part we needed and could just bring that part and the few tools he needed to fix it and was able to drive his Smart car instead of his gas guzzling van.  I am not a fan of the Smart cars.  I like small cars I one day hope to own a yellow Mini Cooper, but this car looks too weird to me.  Jon had me come out and take a look at this guys Smart car.  The guy attached a wind-up  piece to the back of his car.  The wind-up piece even turns.  After I saw this, I had to take a couple pictures.  His license plate is also kind of funny.  It says WUTISIT.  
 
Washer repair man's car

wind-up Smart Car

Repair man's funny looking car


For New Year's Eve, we had the Bugee's and Tady's come over to our house just before dinner time.  We had sub sandwiches for dinner.  I cut all the Turkey, and Roast beef with my new slicer.  Then we played games for the rest of the night.  Morgan and Taylor stayed a few hours then ditched us for their friends.  No I can't blame them.  They will have plenty of  family New Year's when they get married and have kids of their own.  Payton was looking like a model so Jon shot a few pictures of her.
Payton the model


Payton and her sweet pose

Model Payton

Payton and Kennedy
Goodbye 2011.  Here's to a great 2012.

No comments: