Friday, February 8, 2013

Brenton's 15

I finally just posted 4 drafts that I have had sitting for months.  I can't believe I am a year behind in my posts, and Brenton is now 16.  So I will just rewind a year and pretend he just turned 15. 
Brenton turned the big 15 on Saturday January 21. I still can't believe my oldest is that old which means I too am getting old.  I made him a $100 cake.  The cake pictures look like the frosting is yellow but it is money green.  We got Brenton a 32 inch flat screen TV for his room so he can hook up his PlayStation 3 to it.  He wasn't expecting the TV.

Brenton

Make a wish

What is under the Dora blanket

What could it be

A TV for my room

In Georgia you can get your learners permit when you turn 15.  You have to have your permit for a year before you can get your license.
So in February, I took Brenton to get his permit.  You have to take 2 tests a road signs test and a multiple choice test.  Since we didn't have the driving manual, he took an online practice test a few times before going to the DMV.  We went and the wait time wasn't as bad a usual.  He past the signs test with flying colors, but missed the multiple choice test by 1 point.  So we made sure we got the driving manual and he studied it every night and a week later we went back and this time I told him if he didn't pass he would have to pay the $10 next time.  Luckily, he passed no problem this time. 
Once you have your permit, in Georgia you have to take a 30 hour in class driving class.  Brenton is doing his class room driving instruction online because it was about $300 cheaper.  Along with the class you also have to have 40 hours of logged driving and 10 of those hours have to be at night.  He is getting his night driving in by driving to seminary every  morning.  So sometime next year I will have a licensed driver.  I can already see my gray hair count double.
 

No comments: