Thursday, February 9, 2012

Same old Same old and Thanksgiving

 I really didn't do anything other than the same old same old the 2 1/2 weeks leading up to Thanksgiving.  Here are a few of the same old same old things I did.  Every Tuesday morning, I went to the temple.  We (Christa and I and my mom when she isn't working)  are getting a few more ladies from our ward coming with us.  I think the most we have had so far is 6.  The first Thursday of the month one of the ladies in my ward puts on a craft night.  This month we made a wooden turkey.  It was by far the best turn out at her craft night.  Lots of ladies and late night chatting.  Talmage had his yearly doctors appt, Brenton had his first Youth Conference experience, Payton had a primary class party where they painted nails and made pop top bracelets.  I went to a Thanksgiving feast with Jon at Connor's school.  The next day, I made cornbread for Hayden's class they were tasting food that the Pilgrims and Indians would of had at the first Thanksgiving.  Jon and I also went to a wedding reception.  And of course, the normal Wednesday night Activity Day Girls, Scouts and Cub Scouts.  
Hayden the Pilgrim

Hayden a pilgrim
 This year we were at home for Thanksgiving.  We spent our Thanksgiving feast with Jon's mom and dad.  My parents and Morgan and Taylor went to California and the Tady's went to his family's house.  The Edward's want nothing to do with any of the extended family so it was a small gathering.  We got together around 11 am and ate after everything was carved, cooked and set.  I was in charge of the mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, stuffing, green been casserole, strawberries, and french silk chocolate pie.  Jon's mom cooked the turkey, brought rolls, and made pumpkin pie.   I was able to make everything except the potatoes and gravy the day before so it was quiet a relaxing Thanksgiving day.  I was even able to run that morning and go to the gas station to pick up a newspaper.  Jon's parents only stayed a few hours and then headed home.  I guess they got up real early that morning to buy a good deal online.  So they were in need of some naps.  The meal was great, but it was just way to quiet in the house for it being a holiday.  I hope next year we have more people to spend it with.  This whole month while I have been out running, I have been focusing on things that I am Thankful for.  Believe it or not, I could think of a different thing everyday some days multiple things. 
Thanksgiving minus Jon and Connor


 

No comments: