Thursday, February 2, 2012

Weirdest thing ever

Toward the end of August, I got a bad cold that lasted for ever.  It started out with a sore throat followed by loosing my voice.  Of course my kids loved the fact that I couldn't raise my voice at them for basically a week.  Once I got my voice back, I had this cough which lasted almost 2 months.  Coughing all the time got old real fast and I was sick of taking cough drops multiple times during the day.  About 3 weeks into this cold the strangest thing happened.  I lost all sense of taste.  For a whole week I couldn't taste a thing.  It kind of freaked me out, because at one time a few days into not being able to taste I thought what if this is how it's gonna be forever.  After the depression of that wore off, my thought was wow I could make this work to my advantage.  I could finally eat real healthy and loose those last few pounds that I have been trying to get rid of for years.  I started eating things in the cupboard that had been in there for a while and would probably never get eaten.  Things like the flavored applesauce I thought my kids would like to bring in their school lunches but the kids never wanted to take them.  After day 2 of not being about to taste and being a little freaked out I went to the Internet and searched my symptoms.  What I found from my search is that my cold ended up turning into a sinus infection and my sinus were so clogged that it was affecting my taste.  I chose not to go to the Dr and be put on any meds. because of all the reading I did.  By the time the medicine would start to work would be the same time my body would be on the recovery.  The worst part about not being able to taste for that entire week was when the primary had there yearly movie night and Jon and I went out to dinner at a nearby restaurant with some friends while the kids were at movie night and I couldn't taste my yummy food I had been looking forward to eating since we made plans to go there a few weeks earlier.  What a waste of money?  Oh well, I am so glad I have my taste back even if I still have those few pounds to loose.  Now if only the cough would go away too.

No comments: