Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cannery

Our ward scheduled a cannery trip on Saturday Feb. 20th. So before Hayden's birthday party with the relatives my sister Christa and I decided to go to the cannery to can some food for our long term storage. I wanted to be able to buy the rest of my year supply of food that the cannery has to offer on this trip so my big mother Yukon was filled to the top with boxes of canned food. I did have Christa with me so she had some food in my car as well. I think the only thing I still might need more of that the cannery has to can is powdered milk. I only buy a little at a time because it is pretty expensive. I worked at the messy station with the powdered fruit drink, hot cocoa mix, flour, milk. So I had powder all down my front even with the nice plastic aprons they offer. It was fun. The next day my upper back was sore from loading and unloading all the boxes of cans to and from my car. I am quickly running out of room to store all this food. Time to get creative.

No comments: