Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Youth Temple Trip

On October 9th, the kids had a teacher work day. Our ward planned a temple trip for the youth to do baptism for the dead in Birmingham, Alabama since our temple will be closed for another 15 months. Jon went with Brenton and the youth and they were gone all day. The temple with no traffic is less than 3 hours away. Since the Birmingham temple is a small temple, they had to split our ward into two groups. They first group went while the other group waited in the church building right next to the temple. Then they switched. I'm glad our ward is still participating and making going to the temple a top priority even though our temple is closed. I think it is very important for these youth to participate in temple ordinances as often as they can.
While Jon and Brenton were at the temple I spent my morning at 3 parent teacher conferences and then I think just hung out with the kids at the house. I don't really remember doing anything other than that.

No comments: