Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Conference

The first week of October is always General Conference weekend. I love that we have BYU TV and can watch conference from the comfort of our own home. I usually have some sort of cooking or organizing thing to do while I'm watching conference. I have to be doing something to keep myself focused on the talks or else my mind will wander in a daze after listening to conf. for that many hours. This year I didn't do much cooking besides the normal lunch and dinner. Instead, I organized our closet/minibar in our family room. This has been on my list of things to organize for months. I thought since I am in this room for at least 4 hours on Saturday I might as well. It looks so nice now and will be easy to keep it clean and organized because now there is a place for everything. Jon only caught the last 45 minutes of the second session of conference. He was in charge of one of the day of service projects for our ward. Our stake as well as many others in our area were assigned to help out with clean up for the flood victims in Austell. Our ward had a great turn out especially since every General Conference in October our stake does a day of service in the morning before the conference starts. So there were already 3 service projects that had to be filled with people plus this flood assignment on top of that. Our ward members stayed together during the flood service project and were able to completely gut 2 houses. This is including taking out all the furniture, clothes, and other household items. All on top of removing the drywall, insulation, kitchen cabinets, appliances, counters and all that stuff.
On Sunday we make the kids watch conference with us. They did very well. We had a few activities to keep their mind focused on the talks. I love getting that extra boost every General Conference. It helps me refocus on the things that are most important in my life.

No comments: