Sunday, June 5, 2011

Valentine's Day

I am such a Scrooge when it comes to Valentine's day.  The only time I have enjoyed this holiday is when I was in elementary school.  I liked making a bag or box in class to put my valentine's in.  I also liked picking out and handing out my valentine's to my classmates.  It was so much simpler then you just pick out valentine's cards of your favorite movie/cartoon.  Now days, there are cards, cards with candy, candy without cards that have to and from on them.  Since 6th grade, I have never really enjoyed this holiday.  I can't stand the fact that roses are 3 times the price during the few days before and on the day of this holiday. 
Jon and I did go out to Outback on the Saturday before Valentine's day.  At least the restaurants don't charge more for you to eat on this day.  In fact, many of them have pretty good specials going on. 
I did buy a box of valentine's candy, but that was a few days after the holiday at more than 1/2 off.  The kids were happy with their stash of cards and candy that we didn't do much for them on this day.

No comments: