Saturday, July 18, 2009

June happenings Week 1

Wow has it really been 3 weeks since I last posted. I know all 5 people who actually read my blog are wondering wow I can't wait till she blogs again since it has been 3 weeks and she must have been out on some fantastic vacation like going back to the World of Disney. All I have to say is I WISH!!
No I have been home all summer and let me tell you things have been crazy. My next few post I will highlight each week in June.
Week one of June we swam, went to the park for our ward play group and was the only people there for play group and at the park for that matter. The park they hold play group at has no shade whatsoever on the play ground and a couple trees around the playground that shade 2 benches. Even though we meet at 10 am it is in the low 80s already. So that was the last time we have been to playgroup. We went to the free movies at our local theatre. Brenton and Talmage saw Shrek the third and I took Payton and Kennedy to see the Kit Kitridge movie. They have been wanting to see it ever since it came out on DVD but never did. It was a great movie. Connor and Hayden stayed home with Jon while he worked. Jon and I also went to our ward temple day during this week since this is the last month the temple will be open. We went with my parents and Christa and her hubby Aaron. This was an extra special session for us because my dad was doing an endowment session for his dad who passed away almost 1 1/2 years ago (same one Brenton did the baptism for the dead for in April). The week before Jon started joining me on my exercise routine. I set a goal the beginning the year that I wanted to continue my exercise routine but wanted to jog everyday not just on Tues and Thurs. I just haven't added that part but did when school got out. So this is our routine. On Mon, Wed, and Fri, Jon and I go to the nearby park just over a mile away. and jog the trail. They have 5 different trails to follow (same trail just tweaked by how far you want to walk or jog) ranging from 1 mile all the way to 3.1 miles. So on those three days I jog 1.5 miles and Jon jogs/walks 1.25 miles and we get done just about the same time. Then after that we go to my parents house and lift weights. One day I will focus on arms and the next legs but I do abs every time. Then on Tues and Thurs, I will jog 3.1 miles and Jon will jog/walk not quite 2.5 miles. Fast forward 1 1/2 months and Jon went from jogging just over 1/4 mile at one time to over 3/4 mile at one time. He is doing awesome considering we live in hotlanta. We go around 7:30 am so it is the coolest time of the day, but I am here to tell you it's not too cool at 7:30 am. Most days it is already past 70 degrees outside and add the major humidity and it is pretty miserable. I was also able to pick the first veggies out of our garden.
I thought I would give the upside down planting a try these are cucumbers and yellow squash
Bush beans way easier to plant than pole beans


starting closest 2 jalapeno, 2 green pepper, 1 cherry tomato, 1 Roma tomato, 1 regular tomato, and 2 zucchini in the pots



first pick of the season and they were delicious


Yes, not a huge garden but it is the perfect size and just the right variety for our family. Any bigger and I would need another fridge to put all the veggies in.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Awesome that you are gardening! I should be following your great example. Eek. And awesome that you find time to jog when, clearly, you are such a busy Mom. Kudos to Gretta!!!