Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!!

Well I just skipped right past my birthday. My birthday is on May 2nd. The day before my birthday (Friday), Jon took me out birthday shopping and lunch. We went on Friday during school hours so we wouldn't have to worry about all 6 kids just the one. We dropped Hayden off at Christa's house and he played with Eliza. We ate lunch at On the Boarder. Then we went and bought all new frying pans. The three we have now are junk they have been non stick for a few years now and now the food is really hard to get off the pan even after soaking it for a long while. I can't believe how slippery these new pans are I love them and they didn't cost too much I can't believe I waited this long to buy new ones. Then I wanted 2 bread loaf pans and a cookie sheet that has sides. All of our cookie sheets are the air bake ones and they don't have sides so it is hard to stir things while they are cooking without food falling off the edges and onto the bottom of the oven and burning that lasts forever because I always forget to clean it once the oven cools and the next time you remember about it is when you are preheating your oven to cook something else and the burn smell comes back and then you remember but can't do anything about it because it is too hot and the cycle goes on and on until it is a little pile of ash. I tried this when making granola and had granola all over the bottom of the oven. I also got a pair of sandals, 2 sundresses, and one church dress. It was a nice day. I do have a real hard time spending money on myself. Then the next day on my real birthday we had Chinese food and cookie cake.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Ooo..I can relate to the drippy stuff that falls on the bottom of the oven! I did a blog post a long time ago about wanting some oven liners. Rick's Mom went out and bought me one for my birthday. Here is a link to one like it....
http://cgi.ebay.com/Chef's-Planet-23-Inch-x-16.25-Inch-Nonstick-Oven-Liner_W0QQitemZ300313301482QQcmdZViewItem.
I love it because it's soooo much easier to clean up!

I also have those same airbake pans, so I bought a jelly roll pan to fix my problem.

It's ok to spend money on yourself once in a while. I hardly do it either so I understand. I knew Rick wouldn't do anything for me on our anniversary (your bday!) so I bought myself a purse. We couldn't really afford the $50, but I scrounged and got it anyway. I'm loving it. Heck, he spends that much on fast food for a week or so. I don't feel too bad!

Hope you had a grrrrreat birthday :)