Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Last week of school

This year the last week of school wasn't as crazy as previous years. I tried to make it as simple as possible. With Talmage's class party out of the way (remember family fun day?) and Brenton in Middle School now and the days of class parties for him are over, I only had 3 class parties to go to. I volunteered for Connor's class (well more like the whole North Metro special needs classes which all the classes equal a little more than a normal size class) party but never got a call as to when they wanted my help since their party was an all day affair with about four or five different activities. That was easy so only 2 parties to go. Kennedy had her class party the day before school got out, May 21st in the morning. Wouldn't you just know all the classes planned an outdoor beach type theme and it was really windy and not so warm outside (but warm enough for shorts just barely). There were napkins flying everywhere as well as lots of accidental dropped food. The kids still had a great time doing limbo, hula hoop, surfing race and eating fruit, goldfish, and cookies all right before heading off to lunch. I was really sad I didn't bring my camera.
Payton's class party was on the last day of school in the afternoon. They started the party off by eating. They had cookies, chex mix, some really good punch made with lime sherbet and ginger ale, and they made fruit kabobs. Then they went outside and had a water balloon toss. Again, not the best day for beach type activities it was sprinkling off and on the whole time and windy again. Not the best for water balloons. They also played volleyball. I blew bubbles for the younger kids that were tagging along with their moms. Actually, I think the 4th or 5th graders who were out on recess had just as much fun if not more fun running after and popping the bubbles than the toddlers. And again, I forgot my camera which made me more mad than the day before because I kept reminding myself not to forget my camera.
I also decided to just donate to the teacher gift fund and let the room mom worry about what gift card to get the teacher. Only too bad for me only Payton and Kennedy's class did this so I still had to come up with 5 other teachers between Connor's 3 teachers and Talmages 2 teachers, and lets not forget about the bus drivers. I got the bus drivers a bag of assorted Lindor Truffles (Melt in your mouth goodness) and the 5 teachers I got gift cards to Brusters Ice Cream because who doesn't love a good sundae.
Now, Let the crazyness of Summer begin.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I'm tired just reading this post! You're such a good Mom to go to all those parties and help out. I'd be pooped.