Friday, November 21, 2008

Trunk or Treat

Every year our ward does a trunk or treat activity usually the weekend before Halloween. We always have it at the Hunter's Christmas Tree Farm. The Hunter's are a member of our stake they are right on the border of our ward. They have a huge bon fire going with hot dogs to cook and a chili cook off to eat for dinner. They also do hay rides, a cup cake walk, and the older kids can be found running around the farm and then when it gets dark we trunk or treat to the cars. This is one of the best and most fun activity we do as a ward. Of course things didn't go as planned this year. It decided to rain. So they moved everything to the church. We still had hot dogs (only boiled) and chili for dinner and the cake walk. Then the kids trick or treated to classrooms throughout the church. Yes, I brought my camera and no I didn't take any pictures (Looser). My chili did win 3rd prize though in the chili cook off. Thanks Betty Crocker. There were at least 20 different chili's there so not bad. My sister Christa's took 2nd. I was hopping my mom would take 1st so the Bugee's could sweep. We all had fun even though we weren't at the Hunter's.

No comments: