Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Goodbye Old Crib

It was bound to happen sooner or later. We finally moved Hayden into a big boy bed. I wasn't to sure about the whole move. Mainly because I didn't want to have to deal with him getting out of bed especially during nap time when it is light out and he is in a room full of toys. Hayden would probably still be in his crib if it wasn't for Jon making Talmage and Hayden bunk beds. We have had this crib for all six of our children, and before that it was my two youngest sisters (Morgan and Taylor) which Morgan just celebrated her 19th birthday last week. It was starting to fall apart with Talmage (#5) and by the time Hayden needed it we had to use a few cable ties to keep at the right level. Anyway, It has been about a month since the big move and he hasn't gotten out of bed when we first lay him down ever. Not even during nap time. The only time he gets out is when he wakes up in the morning or after his 2-3 hour nap. We knew we couldn't give this 19 year old falling apart crib away so Jon decided to burn it in the back yard. Below is a few pictures of the event. Goodbye old crib and changing table (the changing table was inside the crib and was in the fire too the shelves were coming apart) you have served us well.



I haven't taken any pictures of the bunk bed Jon made and there new shelves for their toys now that we have a free wall. Maybe another day.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Argh! Too bad you couldn't do something else with the crib instead of burning it. Like Holly did with her old bed. They made it into a swing. I remember that crib. I would have taken it off your hands if I lived close enough. Maybe I could make a bench out of it. hahaha. I'm not frugal. Just trash to treasury. :)

Atleast your kids stayed in the crib. I'm a bad bad Mama. The crib won't fit anywhere but in my room, so it's all set up there, but does Ava sleep in it? Nope. She is right inbetween Mommy and Daddy. I'm sure she will never want to move out of our bed now. I've never done that with ANY of our kids. We've never ever wanted a family bed, but that's what we have now. Last baby and very spoiled. haha