Monday, January 30, 2012

Never in a million years

After we went to the Cheesecake Factory, we went to Costco with the Bugee's since I don't have a Costco membership (just a Sam's Club).  They had a Singer Sewing machine on sale and today was the last day of the sale.  Yes, I said sewing machine.  I bought myself a sewing machine for me to sew.  Who would of thought I would ever want to sew let alone buy a sewing machine.  Definitely not me. 
A few months back I got the urge to want to sew something.  Then after trying to find my daughters some summer modest pajamas the urge became even stronger.  Then I mentioned it to my mom and she said they had a great deal on a machine at Costco. 
Since buying my machine (3 1/2 months later), I have sewed my daughters summer pj bottoms,  Brenton winter flannel pj bottoms, Talmage's scout shirt patches, fixed an Indiana Jones costume, and sewed a crayon roll.  I just buy a plain solid color t shirt for the pj's.  I don't sew that.   After I finish sewing the other flannel pj bottoms, I think I will make the girls some skirts.  I am having a great time sewing.  I went to my mom's house so she could help me with the pj bottoms.  I made 3 of them there and came home and finished to last one since the thread color was different. I am having a great time learning how to sew.  The only problem is finding the extra time to actually sit down and do it. 

No comments: