Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Easter

Last year, we decided to do what a lot of others are doing and that was doing our Easter baskets and egg hunts on Saturday and then on Sunday focus on the real reason we celebrate Easter. This year we decided to change things up even more. First, we started out on Saturday at the Tady's house for some breakfast and an egg hunt. We chose this time because it is Conference weekend and will be watching it starting at noon. Each family fills 10 eggs with candy for each of our own children (I had to fill 60 eggs). My mom does another 2 for each kids so then we hide all the eggs and they each get to find 12 eggs. The kids had a great time hunting for the eggs and even though we had some extra eggs filled just in case we couldn't find them all we would have a few extra I think we still couldn't find a couple even with a few extras. That was all we did with the kids on Saturday. That way they could enjoy those 12 eggs of candy. It was a pretty filling day with egg hunts and Conference especially for Jon and Brenton who had the Priesthood session as well to watch. I love Conference. I really love being able to watch it in the comfort of my home. It was kind of weird not going to church and seeing all the Primary kids in their new spring dresses and clothes. On Sunday we just hung around the house and watched conference and celebrated Easter with just our family. I made an Easter dinner the previous Sunday since my parents and Morgan and Taylor were going to be out of town on Easter for Spring break and all. Too bad 2 of my kids were sick so My dad came over and picked up the food and ate it over at the Tady's. I did not want them getting sick with Spring break just a week away. Anyway it was a nice quiet Easter.
The next morning I headed out to Target and Walgreens and bought some Easter candy 1/2 off and headed over to another store to buy some silly bands. Then during family home evening we did our family little egg hunt and they got their Easter baskets. We got the most out of this Easter 3 days worth. We have a lady in our ward who gave me this idea and they have been doing it this way for years. So instead of celebrating the whole Easter bunny on Saturday they do it on Monday and get all the same stuff but for 1/2 the price and do it during FHE. I think we are going to start doing Easter on Sunday and Monday from now on because things add up real quick when you are buying candy and little things for 6 kids and a few for mom and dad too. So here is to our new Easter tradition. Now what to do the rest of the week the kids are off of school.




Talmage


Connor


Kennedy and Payton


Hayden

I thought I took more pictures of Easter but I guess I only took some of the egg hunt at the Tady's. Oh well, the pictures all look the same year after year anyway because we do the same thing every year.

No comments: