Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July

I guess I could save some time by just posting last years 4th of July because we do the same thing every year. We went to the to the city pool about 30 minutes after it had opened for the day. They always have hot dogs, chips, lemonade, and water available for everyone for lunch. Then they do the same games they do every year. This is the last year that Talmage will be in the kiddie pool for the coin search. The kiddie pool was for 5 and under. All the other kids lasted only about 2 minutes and they were done. Talmage however kept searching another 5 minutes after and found a lot more coins. The money didn't add up to a lot because they put lots of pennies in the kiddie pool and not very many pennies in the big pool. He still had enough to buy 3 things at the snack bar so he was happy.

Hayden picking up a coin



Talmage and Hayden searching for coins


Talmage looking for coins

Brenton swimming for coins


Talmage noodle racing


Brenton noodle racing





Talmage doing his biggest splash. He knew he wouldn't win
because he was one of the youngest kids, but had fun anyway.



Talmage doing his smallest splash. He was quiet upset
when he didn't win since he was one of the younger kids. You will need
to tilt your head. I couldn't figure out how to turn it. Sorry:(



Brenton's smallest splash which he won 1st place.
way to go!! Sorry, but you'll have to tilt again.

While I was going through the pictures to see which ones I wanted to post, I was thinking to myself how come I have no pictures of the girls swimming for coins or doing the noodle races and then it dawned on me that Payton and Kennedy spent the night at their cousins the Edward's house. I took me about 5 minutes to realize that. I guess I really need to get caught up because I wouldn't want to forget somethings. They went swimming at their cousins neighborhood pool and Kennedy decorated her scooter while Payton decorated one of the Edward's dogs and leash and their girls and my girls were in their neighborhood parade (yes, they have a huge neighborhood with their own fire station, chapel, a couple pools, a nice size lake). Payton and Daisy (their dog) won first prize for the pet portion of the parade. She won a $5.00 gift card to Bruster's ice cream. They met us later at my parents house for dinner. After the splash contests we went home to give Hadyen a nap. Then we went over to my parents house for our traditional bar-b-que hamburgers, potato salad, corn on the cob, chips, watermelon, and the kids favorite IBC Root beer. We took the dessert with us and ate it later while waiting for the fireworks to start because we were all so stuffed from the yummy dinner. Christa painted all the girls toe nails red, white, and blue with the big toe having a firework on it while we were waiting for the fireworks to begin. The girls loved it.

Payton, Lorin, and Kennedy playing a serious game of go fish


Talmage getting a drink



Brenton and Hayden playing bubbles

Hayden and Eliza playing with bubbles


Hayden ready for baseball



I didn't take any pictures of the fireworks this year, but our favorite one was a smiley face firework. The fireworks were great and then we headed for home and went to bed because we were wasted from another long long day.

No comments: