Wednesday, September 2, 2009

4th week of June

I have been dreading this post not because it was a bad week just the opposite. We had Father's day, 2 birthday's, and an anniversary to celebrate on top of everything else. So to start the week off was Father's day. Since Jon had started joining me jogging Mon-Fri, he has been complaining of his shoes bothering him while running. His shoes are just regular sneakers nothing special. So he said one day over a week earlier he wanted to get some running shoes. So next time I was in Kohl's, I looked at their shoes. I didn't realize how many variety and brands of running shoes there were. I thought they would have about 4 to choose from after all this wasn't a shoe store. They had about 20 to choose from. So I bought a pair and had the kids give it to him a week before Father's day. Being Jon and just going out and buying things without an occasion I didn't want to take that chance so I bought them early before he did. It is hard enough to find the perfect gift for whatever the occasion may be and now I have the perfect gift I wasn't gonna let him ruin it by buying the shoes. On Tuesday, we had the missionaries over for dinner. It has been months since they have come for dinner. Since I am in Primary they hardly ever pass the calender around to us so that is why they haven't been over. So on that rare Sunday we got the calendar in Primary I jumped at the chance to have them over.
Wednesday was Payton's 9th birthday. She has been waiting for this day ever since Kennedy had her birthday which was 10 1/2 months ago. She has been talking about getting an American Girl doll since Kennedy got one for her birthday last year. She wanted Chrissa who is the girl of the year so once 2009 is over Chrissa will no longer be available. I think she wanted her because she looks the most like her.


Payton with Chrissa


It has been a tradition of ours to let the birthday person pick the place they want to eat for dinner. Payton picked the American Girl Bistro. So I called and made a reservation for the two of them and me to go their for dinner. Then I got the price of the meal. Each person gets an individual appetizer, main course with 2 sides all for the low price of $15.00 per person. Are you kidding me? Yes, kids over 5 pay the same as adults. I forgot to mention that that price didn't include drinks they were another $1-2. Luckily with the help of my sister Christa we were able to talk her into going to a fast food restaurant for dinner and the Bistro for dessert and if she picked that option Christa would come with her 2 girls. It didn't take her long to decide that was a great choice 2 restaurants, and her cousins could join her for dessert.

Payton and Kennedy at Steak N Shake




Sonoma, Payton, Kennedy, and Eliza


American Girl Bistro



Payton with her Smore ice cream dessert


Since we were having a girls birthday night out, Jon got McDonald's (Connors favorite restaurant) and rented a movie for the boys to eat and watch for Connor's birthday which was in 2 days.

Thursday was Jon and my 15th wedding anniversary. Holy cow has it really been that long. Looking back it has and feels like that long. After Talmage's swim lesson, Jon and I decided to celebrate during lunch. We went to the Peachtree diner. I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into their yummy cakes so that is why we went for lunch. After lunch, we went to Hobby Lobby and picked up a wedding present for this Saturday. It was a nice get away from the kids.

Friday was a busy day. Besides being Connor's 11th birthday Jon and I went to the temple in the morning to do sealings. My parents, Christa and Aaron, and Cheri and Preston were also there. We were doing sealings for family members. The past couple months we have been getting all the names we had ready for this day so we could do all the sealing in one sitting. The most special one was my great grandparents on my dad's dad side were sealed to their son which was my Grandpa and my dad's dad. The spirit was very strong in that room. This will be the last time for 15-18 months that we will be at that temple. Our bishop wanted each member to go every week if they could this month. Jon went four times and I went three so I feel great about that. After the temple and lunch, since Cheri and her family were already in town we decided to do a family birthday party today for Connor and Payton. Payton doesn't really like cake. She wanted me to make Yo Yo cookies like the ones at the bakery at Publix. So I bought the chocolate chip cookies from the Kroger bakery so they could be all the same size. I did make the yellow frosting and frosted two cookies and smashed them together. Then dipped half the cookie in melted milk chocolate. They are so yummy. She loved them.


Connor opening presents



Payton and Connor with their cookies instead of cake



This week was Talmages last week of swim lessons. He did awesome and listened and did everything Miss Andrea wanted him to do. The thing he was most excited about was being able to swim down to the bottom of the pool and pick up things off the bottom. I will miss taking the kids over to Christa's pool four days a week and just kicking back with the Ensign while the kids play with their cousins and have a great time. Yes, I am still keeping up with my goal even after school has been out to read the Ensign cover to cover. I don't know when I am going to find the time now that swim lessons are over.


Talmage doing the back stroke

Talmage with Miss Andrea







Saturday, we decided to bring the whole family with us to a wedding reception. It was at the church and wasn't only for adults so we thought why not. The kids had a great time playing with the bubbles and eating the yummy food.

No comments: